Sunday, June 7, 2009

Oh goodness...were to start

Oh...where to start from. Chris left last Sunday for almost one week, he returned yesterday (Saturday) afternoon...it was a very long week for Vinny and I. First of all Vinny spiked a fever Sunday night right before Chris left...and just got worse. His fever got up to 103 and then the diarrhea started for a couple of days...but luckily ended in enough time to be able to go back to daycare so I could go to work. During those couple of days..Vinny was very needy and very messy :( Well Tuesday comes and I go to work and lucky me...I got sick early that morning with lovely vomitting. So home I went. I left Vinny at daycare, so I could rest and take care of him later. I guess my plans were going to take a change for the worse. By that I mean...I was in lots of pain..my back was aching, so bad that it hurt to move and then there was times were the pain would get worse, contractions? Well I think they were, because then I started feeling them in front too....but who knows. I was deydrated I knew...I couldn't keep anything down and just was nauseated, so I didn't try too much either. Called the doctor several times I wanted to be seen, she was at a delivery, so they sent me to the hospital. Well, I guess I wasn't far enough along to monitor contractions, so they gave me an IV with fluid, zofran for the nausea and eventually after several request a pain pill. Didn't really help at the time, but I was able to relax a little at home. Thanks to the best sister-in-law in the world, she picked up Vinny at daycare and took him for the night so I could rest. The next day I had to visit the Doctor for a follow-up. Things were improving but not grand. Still not eating much I think I had had a bowl of cereal...and nothing else by late afternoon. She said everything was good with the cervix...not to worry and showed me some painful exercises to do to help my back and hips. Not enjoying those...they HURT!! So I tried to take it easy the rest of the week..with Vinny and everything else. Things are going a little better now...I move slow in the morning, good in the afternoon and by evening I am starting to look like an old lady again. Hopefully the exercises, pain pills and heat will help improve this soon...to early to be having this much pain!!
UPDATE!!! Since I am late writing this...I can add too it now...I made it back to work (Sunday) and doing okay. Chris called this afternoon and said that Vinny hurt his right arm. How? What happened? Chris just told me he went to pick him up and he started crying and holding his arm. He chad been crying for at least 15 minutes. Since its Sunday...he had to bring to the ER. I met him there. Vinny seemed content at the time...so with Chris's advice I gave him a little assessment to see if he really needed to be seen. As soon as I went to move his arm he started crying...so into the ER we go. For once it didn't take too long in the ER...1 hour I think that has to be a record!! Guess what happened... His elbow was dislocated...pulled out of the socket. It happens alot...the PA said by just grabbing their hands or arms and lifting them up, swinging the around...etc...so I guess we will have to watch how we lift him up from now on. The PA popped it back into place. Vinny of course cried...I can't imagine it to be fun. He cried for just a few minutes and then was better. He moved his arm, and smiled...So ALL BETTER!!

No comments: