Sunday, January 4, 2009

Bronchialitis...again

Bad news...Vincent started coughing and wheezing just a little bit on New Years Eve...and only a couple days later it was worse. Unfortunately we had to take him to the doctor the wheezing and cought got worse...and added to it was a runny nose and a mild temp. He's oxygen level was only 91% and the doctor was concerned, she had us do a different breathing treatment in the clinic..it worked and his oxygen levels went up....sigh...skipped a hospital stay. He was placed on an antibiotic, some oral steriods...and more nebulizer treatments around the clock. Poor boy...the only thing...it seems no matter how sick he is...it never slows him down. He takes a few short breaks in his play...but to me it seems like he should be exhausted. Hopefully he will get better soon. I asked the doctor why he seems to get sick so often. She said since he got bronchialitis early on...he is more prone to it when exposed to even the slightest cold. I pray that he outgrows this.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I am sorry. Poor Vinny. Poor Marcellos! Hang in there.