Sunday, October 18, 2009

Introducing Miss Mia Elaine

Miss Mia Elaine Marcello
Born October 10, 2009
At 9:43 pm
7 lbs 6 oz
19 3/4 inches
Proud Daddy holding his new little girl
Excited Mommy and her little girl...


Miss Mia Elaine meeting Mommy and Daddy for the first time!


The Delivery
On Friday night I started contracting at approx midnight, every 4 minutes...not bad contractions but enought that I couldn't sleep through them. Then around 3:30am...they slowed down to every 15 minutes. So I got up and walked around the house for 15 minutes...no difference. So I attempted to go to bed. I was scheduled to work that morning (Saturday). Only to be kept awake by our son...crying again!!! He hasn't been sleeping through the night again....its getting old. So around 4:45 am I finally get a little shut eye just to have my alarm go off a 5:30am...WAKE UP! Its time to get ready for work. I debated on whether to go or not...and decided being at work would take my mind off wanting to deliver. Not really...when I wasn't doing patient care I was walking or massaging my ankles. I had just had a inducement pregnancy massage that Wednesday..and leared where to rub. Well my shift ended at 3pm and I was meeting Chris and his brother Tony at Babies R'Us...so there I went. I started contracting regularly in the store every 10 minutes getting closer and harder to walk through. On the way home from the store..thank goodness I was at a stop light...I could not breath or even talk through the contraction. I got home safe and sound...and the contractions kept coming. I let Chris know that I thought it was going to be soon that we would leave for the hospital...reminded him to bring a bag of his stuff with us this time. He proceeded to attempt to make dinner. Long story made short...dinner was never finished...Tony stayed at the house with Vincent until our friend Nikki could get to the house to watch Vincent...and we were off to hospital. We arrived at the hospital at 7:25 pm...and an IV was promptly started for some Fentanly...I was 7cm upon arrival. The fentanyl didn't touch the pain...EPIDURAL please. This time I asked right away. Got the epidural in...and I think the whole time he was putting it in...I was ready to push..I felt like I needed to poop....real bad...lots of pressure. But kept her in. They laid me back in bed to adjust lines etc...and gave me a few boluses through the epidural while waiting on the fluid. Not long after getting positioned...I could still feel my legs...they were just a little tingly...I felt my water break...yep....your 10cm and ready to push says the DOC. So they give me another bolus since fluids still were not there. And we waited for the room and docs to get ready. I pushed 3 times...and they told me hold on. I just figured they were getting something ready or massaging something...so I asked Chris if he could see her head....and he was like her head is out!!! HOLY CRAP! then one more push and Miss Mia Elaine was here! It was a great labor...and even better no tears! She is a beautiful healthy baby girl...who hopefully will not be as wild as her brother!



2 comments:

MooreWorld said...

YYYYEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Congratulations!

Jessica said...

Yeah! Congrats! You're so lucky your babies come easily. But, uhm... it says she was born in 2000...9 years ago?